Liam continues to amaze us. He's feeling more and more at home. He has begun answering the telephone. Of course, after "hello" his repertoire is a little limited so I need to run and rescue before the caller thinks they have the wrong number.
He is willing to try any and all foods, which would account for him being in the 75th percentile for weight. He doesnt' overeat. He stops when he's full but there are certain things he loves. He has a sweet tooth. I've had to move certain things out of reach.
We went shopping yesterday for clothes for him. He needs long pants. I handed him a pair of jeans, he said "yes". I then handed him a pair of cargo pants, he said "yes" and ran and put the jeans back.. I get the jeans for him, he puts the cargo pants back. It went this way for about 15 minutes. He, thinking he could choose only 1, me, loading up the cart. I had to grab things for Shaun and say for Shaun, get another thing for shaun etc etc so he could see there was no pre-set limit. He got it, but he's still clearly uncomfortable with us buying him a lot of things.
He's working very hard on his english and made his first sentence last night. He said "mama, mushu hungry?" He loves our dog Mushu. I went through Liam's camera and there were 134 pictures of Mushu on it. I'm thinking he may have deleted some pictures of China to get so many dog pictures.
Yesterday he said "mushu good" and he got the thumbs up. Then he said Mama good, and I also got a thumbs up. I was so excited to make it into the same category as the dog...woo hoo!!!
He had his physical yesterday, without the bloodwork (saving that for Rich) :-D. When we told him he was going to the doctor for a check up he was visibly concerned and asked if there was a shot. I said NO shots... I told the nurse there would be no shots today, not even a finger stick and they were cool with that. I thought Liam would be cool too, but when we all got out of the car, he slammed the door and then went door to door locking them all. He was IN the car, we were NOT! After some dancing at the door handle, I used my trusty key fob and with the push of a button, the sliding door opened and a shocked little boy was there staring at me. He learned not to understimate the POWER OF MAMA!! After that, he was fine. He made me turn and face the wall for the checking of the delicate areas. So funny since he had no issue stripping with me standing right there to get in the shower.
Last night, when I went in to kiss the boys goodnight, Liam took my face in his hands and kissed me on the lips. This is huge! Usually he tips his chin down so I can kiss him on the top of the head. I danced my way out of the room! It's been an easy week here. He is very quick to grasp things and understand the dynamics of some of the things going on. It's been amazing to watch him find his place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment