Monday, July 26, 2010

Liam meets the dentist



Unfortunately, Liam and the dentist will become good friends. Very good friends, at least I hope so, or this is gonna be tough. I knew Liam had some tooth sensitivity but didnt realize just how bad things were. His teeth look pretty awesome to me but apparently looks can be decieving. He has 3 cavities that need filling, he needs sealants but worse than that, he needs oral surgery.

Liam has congenitally extra teeth. He has 8 adult teeth, which is in line with his age, although usually closer to 8 than 7. He will be 8 in 2 months. On the x-ray, it showed that above his 4 upper teeth, was another set of teeth. Not quite as good as the teeth that are there now, and one of the four is facing upward. The concern is that if the next set of teeth get close enough to the roots of the current teeth, it could dissolve the roots and cause them to fall out like baby teeth do. We dont' want that to happen.

So over the next month Liam will get all his fillings and sealants and then off to oral surgery we go.

I feel so bad for him. Once I told him we were going to the dentist he kept saying they were going to pull his teeth. It took some convincing to get him to believe that it was just a check up and he would be leaving with all his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment