Later in the day when I was filling out the mountain of forms the kids all brought home I said... "mama's hand hurts from writing". He came over and said "Liam too" and shook his hand as if it hurt. I asked what happened and he picked up a pen and said "Liam write write write all day". Of course I thought, yeah sure you did... I told him how proud I was that he worked so hard in school.
We went for a bikeride in the afternoon and one of his classmates joined us which was a lot of fun for Liam. Even though he's had freinds at the orphanage, this is a whole different thing. The dynamic of kid relationships is different when you are not forced to be friends because you are roomates. He was certainly enjoying having someone there who actually sought him out to play. He very proudly counted his freinds last night, adding a new name to the list with each count.
When we returned from bike riding, there was a long message left by our Vice Principal. Liam got rave reviews for his day yesterday and apparently he did do a lot of writing! He was engaged in what was going on in the class and worked hard at what they asked him to. I'm so proud of him!
Here he is. Still smiling after his first day of school. Phew......
Thanks to everyone for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers!






No comments:
Post a Comment