Tuesday, August 24, 2010

school shopping woes

It's still difficult for Liam to grasp that there is an abundance of things at our fingertips. Shopping with him is exhausting. He just doesn't understand that even though the display item may not be his size, that we CAN find his size. Even if he likes something, if he doesnt immediately think it will fit him, he won't say he likes it. We finally managed to get him a couple of pairs of pants, a few shirts and some new warm pj's.

Shoe shopping was another story. I brought him and Shaun to the shoe store, they both need new sneakers. He looked at each of the display shoes, held them up to the bottom of his shoe and said, no, no, no as he walked down the aisle checking each display shoe to his own. I just could not get across to him that the boxes contained different sizes. After a long time, and him laying on the floor in frustration, we managed to find a pair that was acceptable to both of us.

I understand that in the orphanage, you got clothes that fit, not necessarily clothes that you liked so he's not willing yet to make a preference for an item if he's not sure he'll get it. I hope he starts feeling free enough to do that. SOON!

I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment