I'm so worried for Liam. His english is coming along, but he's by no means conversational and we use a lot of charades to get the meaning of things across. I'm using my jibbigo app a lot but recently have realized how many english words just dont translate properly into chinese and vice versa. Yesterday Liam told us, via the jibbigo app that Shaun was a raw steamed horse. After much frustration and enlisting Brits help he finally wrote what he wanted to say and Brit figured out most of it. "shaun is a pretty good brother". Cool, a compliment...?
I met with our school principal and I'm a little skeptical about the ELL (english language learner) program in our school. I have visions of him sitting there with all the instruction just going over his head. Also have visions of him getting terribly bored and frustrated. Without translating what he needs to do, or how to convert how he does something, how is he going to learn new things.
Side note: I've been watching chinese tv for a month now and still have NO CLUE what any of it means. How can listening by itself be the only way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment