Monday, June 11, 2012
Cue the keystone cops music!
I seriously felt like keystone cop music should be blaring as we lived through Saturday. Shaun had two performances on Saturday, at 12:00 and at 6:00 at a location an hour from home. Brit had two performances at 4;00 and 6:00, about twenty minutes from home. Shaun had a call time of 11:00, Brit had a call time of 12:00, in full makeup, with perfect ballet bun. So..... While trying to get everyone ready and out the door,I was trying to get Brit's makeup done, make sure Shaun had all his costume changes so we could get out the door on time. Rich ran Shaun to his performance call time. I had to call my sister to get Brit to hers so I could get to Shauns 12:00 show. The plan was, we would all see Shauns first show, then race to Brits first show, except Rich. He was to wait for Shaun, between shows, feed him and get him back to the theater for his 5:00 call time. Shaun's first show lasted 3.5 f........ hours!!!! what the heck! I had to sneak out of his performance to make it to Brit's on time. So, with the keystone cops music running in my head, I round up the kids, race to the car, and start the hour drive to Brit's performance. I must have driven down every road with a yard sale, gotten behind every granny out for a drive, hit every red light etc... Luckily Brit's show never starts on time and we made it before it started. Once her performance ended, I ran the kids home since they hand't eaten, and ran back to Shaun's performance so Rich could head to Brit's performance. It was exhausting!!!! Needless to say, my camera was a casualty in our running around and I found it on my kitchen table exactly where I left it when I ran out the door in the morning. So, no lament about the bad pictures of Brit this year, just a lament about how I have no pictures of my kids doing their amazing performances.... sniff sniff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment