Monday, May 21, 2012

We are outnumbered

I'm having trouble with blogger so I'm not sure I'll be able to get any pictures up until I figure it all out.... again! Yesterday was crazy and made me realize that yes, we are truly outnumbered. There are more of them, than there are of us.

I vowed yesterday that we needed to adopt again. Yes, it's true, we are seeking to adopt, an adult, with a license and a car!

Yesterday, my big girl Ashley won 2 gold medals at the Regional Special Olympics and will move on to the State games in June! Yay Ashley! We all went to cheer her on, meaning Liam and Danny would miss their baseball games and team picture day which they were graciously ok with. Rich is the coach of Ashley's track and field team so he was running around to all the events of all his teammates.

Brit and two friends were handling the awards for the softball throw and shotput events, Shaun was helping them as well. Shaun had an audition for a Musical at 1:00. I had to leave with him, thinking if I get there way early I can get him in and out and have time to run Maddie to Harvard for her swim meet and possibly get Brit to Ballet on time. After speaking with the director who told us they would not be done with the auditions until after 4:30 I started to rally my village. I called my sister to see if she could run to my house, grab Brit and get her to Ballet. I called my friend Denise to see if she could get to the auditions to hang out with Shaun so I could get Maddie to Harvard. Rich was still tied up at the Olympics with his players and needed to drive one of them home, so no help there. Liam and Danny were troopers running around on a hot day with mom getting people where they needed to be. On my way to Harvard, Rich called and said I could drop Maddie off with him and he would get her to the pool. So halfway between Harvard and home I met Rich on the side of the road to pass off Maddie. As we drove away, Liam decided he watned to go to Maddie's swim meet. Apparently hanging around doing nothing at the theater was no fun.

Danny and I ran back to the theater and waited until 5:30 for Shaun to finish with auditions. Brit needed to get picked up at 6:00, I hadn't been home since 7:00 in the morning which meant TAKE OUT for dinner. At 9:00 I collapsed into bed.

It always seems that when there are important things happening, like graduations, performances, weddings, they all seem to be on the same freaking day! This will happen on June 9 when Shaun and Brittany both have performances at times when it will not be possible to run between and catch them both. Dividing and conquering has become our family motto and I dont like that. All three boys are on different baseball teams which means on many evenings I drive around town trying to catch a little of each of their games. Rich is only home on weekends and the boys fight over who's turn it is for Dad to watch their WHOLE game. I feel like I barely saw Rich this weekend except passing each other on our way somewhere with someone. I'm tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment