Tuesday, April 24, 2012

College tours

I knew this time would come. I'm stunned thinking about how quickly it actually arrived. My first baby from China is starting to consider colleges. Of course, I'd love to see her fall in love with a college close to home. She wants a small campus that is not in a city. She wants that close knit campus experience. She is looking at schools with engineering, architecture and art/design. It's not easy finding schools with all of those that are actually small schools in suburban and rural areas. Last week she toured Tufts, Lehigh, Bucknell and Lafayette. All are relatively small with beautiful campuses, lots of appeal for engineering majors with research opportunities as undergrads. We have a few more Pennsylvania schools to check out before moving on to the New York schools. It's a daunting experience and I get to go through it all over again with the 4 kids coming after her. Last night I realized that for the next 12 years we will have a child or children in college. What the heck was I thinking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment