Thursday, March 8, 2012

Trauma! Trauma! Trauma!

We are learning how early trauma affects our children, in particular Danny and Liam. We participated in a developmental trauma study that hopefully will guide caregivers in treatment of these hurt children. It will eventually help in creating a new diagnosis for them in the DSM manual as many are inappropriately diagnosed with the closest disorder and this does our children a disservice.

I am posting the information on how you can participate in this study if you have a child who has been traumatized and they are between the ages of 8 and 17. There are many locations involved and when they meet their quota, the study ends and the work begins. The study involved 2 hours with each of my children, then for my part, I spent 2 hours on each child. My day consisted of a 4 hour interview because I enrolled 2 children in the study. There is a stipend for participants. Here is a link to the information on the study. I hope you can find time to participate.

http://www.traumacenter.org/research/DTD_Field_Trial.php

No comments:

Post a Comment