Liam was found with a necklace. It was a heart shaped lock and key. I'm so pleased that the orphanage saved it for him and gave it to Rich. He was also given a photo book, appears professionally bound, containing photos of him doing various activities, and his life in the orphanage starting with his arrival. They gave him our care packages at some point before family day, he was very familiar with all the toys and gifts. He is an excellent reader which is making the transition a lot easier. Rich can type into the translator and Liam can read the translation.
We have skyped twice so far. He smiles at me and it melts my heart. Maddie desperately wants to mother him, asking on occasion when his nap time is, don't tire him out.... etc etc.
I will be posting some more video. I'm sorry I cant figure out how to load it to blogger so it must go through youtube and come with some freaky videos from strangers on the video bar. I have no clue who they are so if you don't see Liam's picture on the video box, I can't vouch for anything you might see.
Rich was laughing about the things Liam was experiencing at the aquarium. My kids are all very well behaved and if a sign says "DO NOT TOUCH"... they won't touch, and they have no trouble informing those around them that they should not touch either... Liam, on the other hand has a need to feel and experience everything. Hands in the water, hands in the gravel, hands reaching into spaces not meant for hands...all while checking in with Rich to see if he was in trouble. Rich just nodded and let him experience it all. They had a wonderful time!
At the aquarium, rich was standing back so he could keep an eye on all three kids and when Liam didnt see him, he got nervous and went looking for him. He'd grab Rich's hand when a Chinese family came up to ask questions, he really knows he's connected to them.
Liam was mesmerized with Shanghai at night. He couldn't get enough of the city all lit up!
He didn't like the spongebob or Iron man pajamas I'd sent. He would not wear them and went to bed in his clothes. I'm hoping there are no issues with the totally cool plaid shorts I sent... :-D
Rich will be shopping with him tomorrow so he can pick out something acceptable.
We are all feeling pretty blessed right now, hoping this easy transition continues. We expect there to be periods of struggle, grief etc, but the more he gets to know us and trust, I hope the easier it will be on him.






What an adorable boy! All of your children seem to be on cloud nine. So very happy for you and your family.
ReplyDelete