When you walk into my home, and if you are looking straight ahead, you will notice this sign over my kitchen entry. It's been there forever, at least for as long as I can remember. I dont know when I got it but it spoke to me when i saw it in the store and I thought this would be a great reminder to my children (4 at the time) that OUR family was forever.
But... what if a new child comes into the family who knows... I mean really KNOWS that all families are not forever.
And.. what if another child comes into the family who lost not one, not two, but three families.. A child who knows he cant trust that THIS family is forever either. He knows that words are just words.
Simple words on a sign? Not to everyone.
Raising children who are fearful that forever is a meaningless word is not easy and not for the faint of heart. Raising kids who test the meaning of that word on a regular basis can be exhausting...
These boys are amazing souls with so much promise. If I could just get them to trust that THIS family IS FOREVER.






No comments:
Post a Comment