Danny is from Shanghai. He and Liam were friends while they were there together. They shared a room with about 20 other boys. Many of the pictures I have of Liam from his days at Shanghai, Danny was with him.
Due to some strange alligning of the planets, or a practical joke from the heavens... We have a 6th child who has become a middle child overall and our oldest boy. Adopting him went again everything I'd always believed in regarding adoption. I always thought I would never displace a child out of bith order and here I sit with a new older brother to my other 2 boys.
Danny basically snuck in the back door to our hearts. We were not looking for another child. Due to some circumstances in his first family, and through no fault of his own, his life with them ended after only being in the US for 6 weeks.
We are very proud to call him our son. We are working on his scars, as we are with all of our children. We know the scars that cant be seen are often the worst. Danny came to us pretty much fluent in English. He was fortunate enough to have tested into public school in Shanghai and learned English over a 4 year period, so we've had very little communication issues. As with Liam, his biggest problem is realizing and learning that siblings are not orphanage mates. Dorm humor is not funny in a home. There is NO heirarchy here based on age. All children are treated equally and the younger children don't need older boss children. But most of all, he doesn't need to fear hat he will be without a family every time he does something wrong. This is an ongoing learning process for him. Sadly, in his world, parents are temporary.
So,our new guy is a work in progress but we have no doubt he is a priceless work of art.
Without further, ado. I introduce Danny.






Such a handsome guy! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your newest addition! Welcome Danny!
ReplyDeleteGuangxi Mama (from RQ)