This is Maddie showing off her manicure.
Maddie had her 13th birthday over the weekend. Such a milestone! I'm not sure I'm ready for another teenager in the house, even though Maddie has been playing the part of teenager for some time now. I think she had a great day! With all the weekend activities, and Liam's birthday party it was hard squeezing in some specialness for her. Her Godmother picked her up from swimming in the morning and they had a nice afternoon shopping and going to lunch. Then she and I went for a manicure and Maddie had the extra bonus of also having a pedicure. She loved it. We went out to dinner and then home to open gifts.
The kiss of death for any item that my kids ask for is when they start out by saying "all my friends have"..... This is a sure way to NOT get what you want. For the past 3 years, ALL of Maddies friends, and ALL of their friends apparently have had LuLu Lemon yoga pants. I have refused for three years to even entertain the idea that any child needs $100. SWEAT pants! That is.... until this special birthday. She has not asked for them or mentioned them in over a year, so I knew she'd be surprised. I wrapped those things in their bag, then in another bag, then inside boxes of varying shapes and sizes. It took her about ten minutes to get to the actual gift. Liam thought it was hysterical, but by the end he was getting pretty exasperated that she had not reached the gift yet.
Maddie is having a sleepover party next weekend with her friends and she has quite the night planned. We will be chauffering them to dinner, a movie then brunch the next morning. Turning 13 is a big deal!






No comments:
Post a Comment