
Woo hoo!! 46 days after being received, 3 weeks after being sent to another state to be fingerprinted, our I800a has finally been assigned to a caseworker at USCIS. Hoping that from here on out, things go quickly and smoothly!
Unlike our other non-Hague adoptions, we can actually call USCIS and SPEAK to the person reviewing our application. Of course, when I tried to call he was away from his desk..... all 13 times. :-)
Through an adoption listserve we found an ANGEL!!! A person currently living in Shanghai saw a post I had written about wanting to get a Christmas package to my son. She graciously offered to do this for us and words just cant' express the gratitude I feel. How awesome is that! We of course will load her down with goodies from the US when we travel to pick up Liam.
On another note, Liam made his first trip to Disney.. sort of. We carried his picture everywhere we went and the characters all obliged our request of being photographed with Liam. I hope this shows him how much he was on our minds and in our hearts, even during vacation in Disney.
And ..... while I am at it, let me put a plug in for Alliance for Children's Journey of Hope children. There are still many awesome children waiting for their families. Please take a look and see if maybe one of these children is the child you've been waiting for. check them out at this website http://allforchildren.org/minisite-china/children.html.






No comments:
Post a Comment