Thursday, October 8, 2009

My first blog

I have seen on the many adoption related lists that I am on, these signature lines with blog addresses. In the 7 years since I've read any of these lists, apparently blogging has become popular. Oh well, I'm a little behind the times as usual. When we brought our first little emperor home, I kept everyone updated with emails, which a dear friend, lovingly turned into a book. Shaun loves that book and looks at it so often that the binding is worn. I use the term "little emperor" in the most affectionate way. Shaun came to us, very much spoiled by his doting, loving foster parents. I am still in touch with them, 7 years after we broke their hearts by adopting their little treasure. He had what we call, little emperor syndrome. He thought we were all there to do what he wanted us to do. It took almost a year to turn that around. He always was a very sweet, bright, affectionate child but when he didnt want to do something.... boy was he STUBBORN!!!! The girls have come to call those times "Shaun's moments". Often times when he'd be asked to do something, he'd withdraw, or tantrum to which the girls would yell "hey mom, Shaun's having a moment"!!!!! We got used to them quick, and they come few and far between now. I'm not sure what our new little emperor will be like. According to the social workers who met him at the Alliance for Children Journey of Hope camp, he runs high on the "sweetness" scale. We'll see! I have an hour long video of him and I watch it over and over, wishing to touch his hair, hold him, let him know we will soon be his.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the AOK list. Congrats on the blog and also your Journey! Shaun is so handsome. I am always so happy to see a boy find a home. Best wishes! ~Raina

    ReplyDelete