Monday, May 9, 2011

Playing catch-up, again....and Paris

Life has been pretty hectic around here, so I'm a bit behind in posting.

I'll catch things up, but in no particular order.

First..Paris...

Amazing! Brit loved it as much as she thought she would. There isn't much else to say except I can't wait to return. We had a bit of a rocky start. Our plane was scheduled to leave Boston and fly direct to Paris, but when the plane arrived in Boston, it arrived with damage from a bird strike. The plane flew from Paris to boston with the dent, but they would not let us return to Paris on it, so our flight was cancelled. After much wrangling, we were able to squeeze onto a flight the next morning. If you look closely at the nose of the plane, you can see the dent. Apparently its not supposed be concave like this.






Brittany in the Tulleries Garden which was across from our Hotel. We loved walking through it everyday on our way to everywhere.


The Louvre Museum at the end of the Tulleries



Brit opening our hotel window, ,looking onto courtyard below. Does she look happy or what?


At night, at the top of each hour, the Eiffel Tower sparkles and shimmers.


Brittany and Venus De Milo. I'll spare you all the pictures of Brittany and the other works of art.


Some of the best art was on the ceilings in the Louvre. They were amazing.


Brit and her favorite souvenir. Macarons... Not the macaroons you find here in the States... but... an amazing little thing that I find hard to describe. Amazingly yummy
.
The Arc de Triumph




The Palace at Versailles



The Hall of Mirrors at Versailles


Notre Dame Cathedral




View from the Eiffel Tower. The Seine River is in the background.




No explanation necessary.


Possibly Brit's favorite day in Paris. We grabbed some picnic items, our books and headed for Luxembourg gardens. We lounged, ate, walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere and the sights. We especially enjoyed Nana hand feeding the pigeons. She was "one" with the pigeons of France.





Our welcome home crew. They made this sign for us. Here are 4 of the 5 kids I left Rich with and they look amazingly well. They had a good time with Dad, but I think they were glad Mom was home. I got a full report of all their take-out dinners. I'm not sure that any vegetables crossed their lips during my absence. Dont ask about the extra kid. I'll explain later.

No comments:

Post a Comment