I have been behind in my updates recently. We have had an emotionally draining and enlightening few weeks. We will be considering EMDR therapy for Liam. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate your thoughts. It's relatively new I think.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Hi Judy,
ReplyDeleteI just followed you over here from RQ. I enjoyed heearing your good news - enough said. :)
We haev used EMDR for our son. He was adopted at 3 and we used it around 4-5 years of age. Very helpful. It usually stirred up a lot of emotion for him (grief) within the 4-5 hour time period after doing EMDR, but he would then have several weeks of being so much more at peace. So many of the outward signs of stress and sensory irritators were lessened in the weeks following each treatment. He could still benefit from it on occasion, but we have practiced tapping in place of it now. Rythmic tapping on alternate shoulders or knees. He can even give himself a "butterfly hug" and tap that way. The whole point is to activate both sides of the brain in a rythmic and alternating fashion. It is very soothing for my son and seems to bring forth his words.
Hope that helps some.
Feel free to e-mail me: learningtogetherathome@gmail.com
Shelley
www.learningtogetherathome.com