The boys want to go camping. I cringe just saying the word "camping". I'm not a roughing it kind of girl. To the girls and I, roughing it means slow room service. But... for some strange reason the boys have turned a deaf ear to our grumblings about camping.... They have romanticized it. They have visions of fishing, then cooking their catch on an open fire.... (bwahaha)... It has been our tradition since the girls were babies to spend the last week of the summer at the Cape.. Our place is ON THE BEACH. They bring you towels and umbrellas, and chairs. In other words... we are NOT roughing it. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I figure for most of the year I'm cooking, cleaning, chauffering, fixing booboos, nursing them back to health... I DESERVE a week of doing absolutely nothing that would cause me to break a sweat. Sooo, the man of my dreams is fulfilling the camping fantasy with the boys. Yes, my computer geek husband will be fishing, camping, cooking... My guess is there will be lots of restaurants in his vacation, but I doubt they will fess up to that. I will miss them, but.... not that much. I'll be too busy relaxing to notice that the mess makers, the noisemakers, the troublemakers are off with dad. I will be enjoying the peace and drama free vacation with the girls.
I'll post beautiful photos from the beach and if we remember what Rich's photos are like, I'll post those blurry camping photos here too.
If I drank, I'd toast to the LAST WEEK OF SUMMER VACATION!!!! They are off to school the day after we return. (trying not to dance in front of them)
"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment